5/24/2007

The Prairie Smoke is blooming nicely this year. It isn't as tall as it has been other years but it is spreading. I've added some pictures to the album accessable from the sidebar. One thing I did not get a picture of was the flax. We saw it in the morning but when I went out later with the camera I couldn't find it. Hopefully there will be more.
The racoon war continues. There is only one this year but he is young and very agressive. One evening he climbed up one of the supports to the second floor porch, the Grand Pooh-Bah yelled at him and beat on the screen with a newspaper 'til he (the racoon) fell down and ran away. The roof overhang is about 34 inches deep so I'm not sure what the racoon thought he was going to do when he got up to the top of the porch. We have been bringing in the oriole feeder and the hummingbird feeders so we are awakened every morning by the oriole singing for his breakfast.

No comments: